PARKS, BEAUTIFICATION, & RECREATION
Chair Jason Reser
Members Dan VonHandorf, Krista Morrison, Jim Pfaller, MaryAnn Maffia, Melissa Willig.
Vision Our committee envisions a city in which our citizens feel enriched by and invested in our green spaces and value them as places to enjoy outdoor activities and cultivate community interaction.
Mission We work to provide our residents and visitors with welcoming green spaces where they can enjoy an active, healthy lifestyle in Park Hills. We strive to maintain and improve on existing recreational and green spaces within our community, while also exploring new opportunities for growth and improvement.
The parks, beautification, and recreation committee oversees the maintenance and beautification of Trolley Park and the city's public spaces. The committee:
- Works with volunteer groups and the Park Hills Civic Association to improve green space and provide safe and attractive play areas, seating, lighting, and other amenities.
- Coordinates use of park space for public events.
- Seeks grants and other alternative means of funding to achieve these goals.
Plan Park Hills
Plan Park Hills is a volunteer led project of the Economic Development Committee. The goal is to use public forums, open house events, and combined committee meetings to develop plans with community input for the future of Park Hills.
Results of past Plan Park Hills Events:
- Plan Park Hills Amsterdam Valley Public Forum, July 19, 2017
- Plan Park Hills Amsterdam Valley Open House, December 5, 2017
The parks, beautification, and recreation committee meets at 7:00 PM on the Thursday after the city Business Meeting, at the city building.
November 29, 2017
November 16, 2017
September 14, and October 12, 2017 canceled
August 17, 2017
July 13, 2017
June 28, 2017
June 15, 2017
May 11, 2017
April 13, 2017
March 16, 2017
February 16, 2017
April 6, 2016