Dear Valued Customer,
For nearly 90 years, our family business has been protecting the health and safety of the communities that we service by providing essential services of waste and recycling collection.
Now more than ever, our team is needed to help combat the spread of illness. We are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our team members as well as our customers. There are steps your community can also take to prevent the spread of disease.
What We are Doing:
* We are closely monitoring the rapidly changing public health environment and following sanitary protocols recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as OSHA.
* Employees have been instructed to follow CDC recommendations regarding proper hand washing and sanitization.
* Our safety team is reinforcing that field employees including drivers, landfill and recycling team members continue to wear required personal protective equipment, including gloves and protective eyewear.
* Inside of our facilities, we have elevated our cleaning procedures, reinforcing cleaning of frequently touched surfaces.
* We are encouraging office personnel to limit travel and conduct meetings virtually, when possible.
* We have suspended public tours of Rumpke sites as well as participation in public events through the end of April.
What Residents Can Do:
* Bag all of your trash. This reduces employee exposure to items like used tissues and other personal hygiene products.
* Place trash at the curb the night before scheduled service.
* Continue to place recycling in your bin loose. Ensure only the correct items are placed in recycling containers. Remember items like trash bags and grocery bags, tissues, napkins and paper cups aren’t accepted.
* Properly dispose of medical sharps. Medical sharps used to administer medication to individuals or pets should be placed in a rigid plastic container, clearly marked “Sharps”, sealed shut and placed in trash.
This continues to be an evolving situation, and we will continue to adjust our policies and procedures in accordance with recommendations from national and local authorities to ensure the safety of our employees and our customers.
Thank you for being a loyal customer, and we appreciate your assistance.