Frequently Asked Questions

What are the office hours of the Park Hills City Building?
Office hours for the city clerk’s office are 10:00 AM–6:00 PM on Monday, 9:00 AM–5:00 PM on Tuesday through Friday. The office is closed on Saturday and Sunday.

When do I purchase vehicle decals?
The city sells vehicle decals at the city building located at 1106 Amsterdam Road. This replaces the $15.00 that used to be paid to the Kenton County Clerk upon registration of your vehicle. A removable window decal, which will be visible on the driver side windshield, is $15.00 per vehicle and is due every year during the month of September. Money collected from the sale of the tags goes toward the upkeep of city streets. All residents of the city must have a decal for their vehicles even if the vehicle is leased through your company or if you have out of state plates. To pay by mail, please include your vehicle’s year, make, model, and license plate number along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, so the clerk can return your decal by mail. As of October 1st, a $20 late fee will be added to the cost of the decal.

Citations are issued to those who do not register their cars. The citation fine for not displaying your vehicle decal is $25.00. If the citation is not paid within seven (7) days, the fine is doubled with a $10.00 administration fee. Please note: You may be cited every day you are in violation, and your vehicle may also be towed.

How do I find out if my home is on the National Historic Registry and what does that mean to me?
Click here to view a map of Park Hills homes on the registry:
For more information or call Mr. Marty Perry at (502) 564-7005, ext. 132.

How can I apply for a yard or garage sale permit?
Purchase permits for your yard or garage sale at the city building. Permits are $10 for your first sale of the year, $25 for the second. There is a two sale limit per year.

When are taxes due?
Taxes are due by September 30th of each year. Taxes are delinquent on October 1st. Call the city offices at (859) 431-6252 for more details.

When is trash collection?
Trash and recycling collection service is provided to Park Hills homeowners every Wednesday by Rumpke. Rumpke offers Park Hills residents one free 96-gallon trash cart and one free recycling cart. You can order your carts by calling Rumpke at (859) 472-7339.

Here are some handy trash tips:

  • Don’t place trash in containers without lids—this can attract animals and create a mess for you and your neighbors.
  • Rumpke typically picks up large items on the first pickup of the month. In general, we recommend you contact Rumpke by Friday to request pickup for the following Wednesday.
  • Mattresses and upholstered furniture must be completely sealed in plastic or they will not be collected.

For any other trash-related questions contact Rumpke at (859) 472-7339 for more information.

How do I obtain an occupational license?
Visit for details.

How do I obtain a building permit or find out about zoning?
Visit or call (859) 331-8980 for details.

How can I apply for a homestead exemption on my property taxes?
Visit for details.